Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Charity House Walk

Kevin and Sarah (they own Turtle's Tap in Morris and Dwight) asked me to help with a little decorating since their home was one of the featured homes on the charity house walk!  It is definitely a HUGE undertaking to be a part of this...imagine a thousand people walking through your home looking for ideas and inspiration for their own homes!  Talk about pressure!!! They asked for me to give some ideas and decorate the dining room...so here are a few pics!

I wanted to do something a little different!  Everyone always decorates with Christmas decor...I decided to decorate with a New Years theme!

Each table setting featured a hat, horn and blower!  Of course I covered everything with vintage sheet music!  The hats were actually kids b-day hats!


Also, each place setting had a champagne flute filled with clear beads, a rose, greens and a silver star!


In the center of the table this hat hosted an arrangement! 


Also, in the center of the table...


The chairs featured a tulle sash and clock!


Here was the before...


Kevin and Sarah were great to work with and their home turned out to be absolutely gorgeous!   I had such a fun time decorating!  It was great to play a small part in such a great cause!! 
Thanks! XO Traci

6 comments:

Julie Johnson said...

Beautiful styling! Thanks for taking a peek at my work!
julie

Studio Shambora said...

Wonderful job Traci!

Urban Farmgirl said...

Gorgeous, Traci! You did a fantastic job! I can't wait to take an afternoon and drive to Whimsy one of these days. It is on my "must do before Xmas" list! ;o)

~mary~

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Everything looks so pretty Traci!

Kathy Peterson Inspired said...

Love your designs style!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Pinned several of your pictures...beautiful for New Year's Eve! Feel free to submit your post and I would love to feature it next week!

Susan

www.ohmy-creative.com